Basically, E-commerce stands for Electronic commerce and that implies selling goods and services online.
E-commerce is any website where consumer and watch, compare and then purchase the product online. Typically, all the e-commerce website provides shopping cart in website like supermarket. Saves time, energy and money of consumers. E-commerce is the holy grail of retail, that’s why you can see the booming in E-commerce industry.
I am going to state the benefits for your business having an e-commerce store. Audit the benefits and make your decision, if you’re not selling online:
Benefits of E-commerce for your business:
1. Your store is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. No need of any sales person. Plus, your all the products are displayed to the consumers online with description and other details. Strongly increase your visibility and digital footprints.
2. If you have a Brick and mortar store, you are limited by the geographical area where you can service. With an eCommerce website, anybody in the world with an internet connection can visit your store. Opportunity to reach new markets. Whole world is your oyster. Gain New Customers With Search Engine Visibility. Growth in sales is obvious.
3. E-commerce website can provide you the data regarding your consumer behavior. So, over time you can make some changes and make your online store more user friendly and adapt.
4. Properly design E-commerce websites can locate the desired product quicker than any supermarket store. Intuitive navigation or search bar can help consumer to locate their product quickly and make decision. Remember your consumers preference and if next time visit the website offer them their choices.
5. Limitless possibility to create new sales channels. e.g. you are creating something handmade painting which interest a particular group of buyers. You can reach out to the community worldwide.
6. Eliminate Travel time, travel Gas, Energy and offers big discounts than physical stores.
7. E-commerce provide wishlist, comparison shopping and flexible return policy. That we can not do easily in physical store.
8. If you have an E-commerce store, you can engage with consumers more effectively by building effective social media strategy. Promote your store in Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+, regularly post your updates and new stocks. You can drive more consumer to website through better social media planning.